We're Going Back to 'Waukee
Friday, October 5th, 2012 at 4:00pm -- Holly Wright
Hannon Hill is getting back on the road to head to Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the High Ed Web 2012 Conference!
W're thrilled to be gold sponsors of the conference this year and to be sponsoring the Sunday night event at SPIN, a hip Ping Pong club! In addition to sponsoring, though, two of our most talented team members, Caitlin vonHedemann and Joel Dixon, will be giving talks at the conference.
Caitlin will be leading a half-day workshop on Sunday on the increasingly popular topic of Inbound Marketing, where she will present on the topics of agile in testing new media, setting key performance indicators, and evaluating your results as they relate to your content. On Tuesday morning at 8:30, Joel will present a session entitled, "Go Agile or Go Home," in which he will discuss the importance of taking an agile approach to marketing and communications in the current environment of ever-changing marketing channels and techniques. We hope you'll be able to see their sessions this year!
In addition to our own team members' presentations, there will also be a number of Cascade Server users presenting this year. Be sure to check out some of these sessions if you'll be at High Ed Web this year, as our clients and partners continue to wow at conference after conference:
- Monday: 8:30-9:15 - Brett Pollack from University of California, San Diego presenting Mobile is so 2011. Make all your campus sites & apps look great on any device.
- Monday: 9:30-1015 - Lori Packer from University of Rochester presenting The Future of Higher Ed? A Canary In The Coalmine of Online Learning
- Monday: 10:45-11:30 - Jason Fish from Purdue University presenting Cloud Computing: Planning for Success
- Monday: 10:45-11:30 - Emily Looney from Emory University presenting Achieving Iterative Redesign: Online Content's Only Constant Is Change
- Monday: 4:15-5:00 - Mallory Wood from mStoner and EDUniverse presenting Fording the Social Media Channel
- Tuesday: 9:30-10:15 - Matt Herzberber from Florida International University presenting Campus Change Agent: Build a Campus Web Community Where There is None
- Tuesday: 10:45-11:30 - Kyle Bowen from Purdue University presenting Mobile Warming: A New Approach To Student Engagement
On top of all the fabulous sessions, there are bound to be some incredible giveaways at the conference! As usual, we're sending our best swag for people who come by the booth and say hello! Additionally, we'll be raffling off a Kindle Fire HD along with a wireless keyboard and stand to go along with the Amazon tablet. Just drop by with your business card to enter for a chance to win. Finally, we'll also be taking part in the SCVNGR hunt at the conference, so be sure to find our the answer to our question in order to earn points for stopping by our booth.
As our conference liason, @cliffyballgame, keeps telling us, this IS the superbowl of higher education web conferences! And we can't wait for kickoff! In the meantime, check out the HighEdWeb Going Back to Waukee video or follow the conference hashtag #heweb12 on twitter!
See you there!
- Why Agile Marketing Can No Longer Be Ignored
- edUi 2012 Recap
- It's a Wrap! Takeaways from the 2012 Cascade Server User Conference
- Content Marketing Lessons from The Hunger Games Trilogy
- The Year of Content and Content Strategy