By Angela Seckinger — Feb 21, 2019 10:55:00 AM
Content is often the most important component of your organization for supporting your products and services across all channels, from brick and mortar, to mobile, to web. This means, having the right content management system, or CMS, for your organization is vital for reaching the right people, at the right time, and in the right format.
Which CMS is right for your organization?
Here, we present a framework to help you evaluate a new web content management system. For best results, it's important to audit your precise needs while allowing for future expansions. Start by thinking through each of the following questions.
- How will my CMS help my organization achieve its goals?
- What is my biggest challenge to keeping my web content up-to-date?
- Is the ability to easily share content across platforms a critical function for the CMS?
- How many departments/users will my CMS need to support?
- Is it critical that my system always be reliable and available regardless of updates, natural disasters or other risks?
- What level of support will be needed?
- What critical features does the content need in order to be compelling to your audience?
Your answers will kickstart your journey to finding the right system. For even more exploration of your needs and considerations, this CMS buying guide will help you keep track of the top features, benefits, and contenders for your search.