By Laura Rives — Oct 21, 2019 10:55:00 AM
The date of the 2019 Cascade CMS Regional Training Conference in San Diego is quickly approaching, but it's not too late to register! A handful of seats remain in both tracks. We also still have availability to stream Track Two: System Administrator Training in November.
- Where: MicroTek San Diego Training & Meeting Rooms
- When: 9:00am - 5:00pm on Tuesday, October 29 & Wednesday, October 30
- Details: Information about discounted hotel rates, directions, and parking can be found on the MicroTek San Diego site
- Price: $750 (plus taxes and fees) for a full conference pass, with a $50 discount per ticket for organizations sending two or more attendees
Track One: Advanced Velocity & Web Services
On day one, a Hannon Hill team member will cover advanced Velocity tools and tactics. Topics will include when and how to use the Query tool, string replacements, arrays, node structure versus objects, and Velocity best practices.Participants should have a working knowledge of XPath and Velocity basics including variables, conditional statements, loops, and traversing XML using built in tools.
On day two, we will utilize PHP to introduce users to the Cascade CMS web services API. Participants will learn how to connect to Cascade CMS using web services, read content, and update content automatically. Users will also be shown how to access the site administrative area to update a site setting over multiple sites.
Track Two: System Administrator Training
Track Two is for developers and system administrators who never went through formal training with the Hannon Hill team. If you were hired by an organization running Cascade CMS or inherited it from someone who no longer works there, this event is for you.
You will learn how to manage Users and Groups, create content, and approve change through Workflow. Then, you will build on that knowledge and learn how to integrate the fundamental assets needed to take full advantage of the product. Topics include coding formats using Velocity for XML data, index blocks, navigation, breadcrumbs, and macros, managing a site including settings, publishing, connectors, WYSIWYG configurations, and much more.
What to Expect:
- Competitive, current, and best-practice techniques to get the most out of your Cascade CMS implementation. Choose from two tracks: System Administrator Training or Advanced Velocity & Web Services.
- Connections with product experts, industry thinkers, fellow Cascade CMS users, and current and future friends.
- Knowledge of what’s on the horizon for Hannon Hill and its products, delivered by our CEO, Kat Liendgens.