Basic Search provides an easy way to perform powerful searches within the CMS content repository. The single search field automatically searches all Home Area and Admin Area assets across the following fields:
- Username of the last editor and original creator
- Site Name
- Asset Type
- Content for Home Area Assets (typically the XML or XHTML field associated with that Asset).
To search content within the system, use the Basic Search tool.
When performing the search, only those assets for which the user has read or write access will display on the search results page. These results will stay in the system until the users next search, which is useful when it’s necessary to view multiple search result items.
- Can I Search for content in Cascade Server?
Cascade Server offers both a basic and an advanced search function, allowing content to be searched according to content, type, date, author, workflow status, and all metadata values.
Search results are listed with hyperlinks to each relevant asset for ease of navigation.
Searching will not search markup or XML elements within the content field. This means that if you search for the term 'management', then a hit will register for <a href="/bios/people">Management</a> But searching for 'people' will not result in a hit for the same XML content.
Conducting a Basic Search
To perform a Basic Search:
- Select the System Menu -> Search -> Basic on the top navigation menu or focus on the search box in the top right of the screen.
- Input search terms in the search field.
- Click Submit to begin the search.
Upon submitting a search, the assets matching that term will appear. By default, 15 assets will be listed per page. To jump to another page of results, select a page number or select Previous or Next below the search results for a page.